Not all symptoms cause discomfort at early stages. Getting regular head and neck exams from your physician or dentist is a way to identify pathology and prevent lesions from becoming advanced. Many times a minimal surgical intervention is all that will be required. Some of the most common diseases requiring a visit to the Oral Surgeon involve:
- Oral mucosal lesions (gum tissue)
- Jaw cysts and tumors
- Sinus infections and pathology
- Nasal polyps, enlarged turbinates
- Salivary gland diseases
- Skin lesions and cancers
Dr. Jacks will discuss the specifics of your case:
- Review your health history.
- Perform a clinical exam and review any necessary x-rays.
- Review a Differential Diagnosis.
- Discuss the need for a biopsy.
- Discuss the appropriate level of anesthesia (most prefer local numbing shots).
- Pre-op and Post-op details.
- Scheduling and fees.