Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a specialty practice that bridges the disciplines of Dentistry, Medicine, and Surgery. Hence, Dr Jacks wears "multiple hats" in his service to the good people of the Pacific Northwest. As an Oral Surgeon, he supports the Dentists of Lane County in treating their patients when dental care becomes complex. As a Maxillofacial Surgeon, he supports the Physicians of Lane County and the PeaceHealth Hospital System for consultation and surgical rehabilitation of facial trauma victims, head and neck diseases, infections, and those born with craniofacial anomalies.
Highest Standards of Care and Ethics
After completing requisite education and training, most healthcare practitioners begin their careers in the private sector. In doing so, they are immediately subjected by the demands of a for-profit environment. Unfortunately, this can create a balancing act between doing what is best for the patient versus doing what is best for a corporation. To make matters worse, many physicians and dentists are burdened by tremendous educational debt.
However, Dr Jacks was most fortunate to spend an entire career (21 years) as a military officer and surgeon where honor, courage, and commitment (the Core Values of the Navy) were an absolute daily way of life. Treating military beneficiaries was never an issue of profits or payments, but a steadfast pursuit for providing the best possible care. Dr Jacks treated every patient as if they were his own family, because in the military, they are. After retiring from the military and entering private practice, Dr Jacks knows no other way to be.
Safety is an uncompromising tenet. To protect our patients and ourselves, we strictly maintain standards recommended by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Training & Expertise
Dr Jacks represents unparalleled qualifications:
- Former Oral Surgeon to the White House and President of the United States
- Board Certification Examiner and Section Co-Chair
- Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Former Department Chair, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland
- Former Director of Surgery, US Naval Hospital Sigonella, Italy
- Former Surgical Liaison to NATO