The following guidelines are meant to serve as reminders in helping you prepare for your dental surgery. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our practice.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THIS PAGE
Home care supplies to get ahead of time
- Food and drink suggestions: Gatorade, 7-UP, ginger ale, apple juice, smoothies, milkshakes and water. Soups, broth, mashed potatoes, apple sauce, Jell-O, yogurt, pudding, pastas, soft vegetables, ground beef, fish, etc.
- Quart size Ziploc freezer bags of frozen peas or corn to use as ice packs. These are soft and freeze quickly. You can also use ice cubes in a Ziploc bag or ice packs.
- Movies for entertainment
Leading Up to the Day of Surgery
- Do not eat or drink ANYTHING 8 hours prior to your scheduled dental surgery, this includes coffee and water. Aspiration of solid food or liquid could be life threatening.
- Follow Dr. Jacks specific instructions regarding medications.
- Patients must not smoke or use ANY form of tobacco, marijuana, alcohol or other recreational drugs 48 HOURS PRIOR TO SURGERY.
Day of Surgery
- You must have a responsible adult with you for your appointment to provide your safe transportation to and from the office. Please let this person know that they should plan on remaining in the waiting room during the length of your surgery.
- Brush your teeth as usual, but be sure not to swallow any water or toothpaste.
- Please do not wear any nail polish. Please removal all facial piercings and earrings.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Shirts that have ¾ sleeve or shorter are ideal.
- After surgery, you will not be fully aware, therefore cannot return to work or school, and cannot drive or operate other hazardous devices. Also, please make sure that you have assistance when climbing stairs or attempting other difficult tasks.
If you have any change in health the morning of your appointment, please contact the practice immediately. A cold or fever with chest and sinus congestion may dangerously affect surgery so it is imperative that our practice is made aware of the situation. If it is necessary to reschedule your appointment, we will do so. (541)726-4690